Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 1 / 13]

Mehdi Hasan forced from MSNBC

No.1254465 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Mehdi Hasan signed off on Sunday evening’s final episode of MSNBC’s The Mehdi Hasan Show by announcing he is being forced from the cable news network.

“As we begin 2024 with this show being canceled, I’ve decided that it’s time for me to look for a new job somewhere else,” Hasan said. “Tonight is not just my final episode of the Mehdi Hasan Show, it’s my last day with MSNBC. Yes, I’ve decided to leave.”

Hasan’s show was canceled in late November in a network shakeup of weekend programming despite impressive ratings on the largely left-of-center network. That move raised some eyebrows following a report by Semafor’s Max Tani that MSNBC had sidelined its Muslim anchors following the October 7th Hamas attacks on Israeli civilians. MSNBC vehemently denied that was at issue, noting they were opting for news anchors, not opinion hosts, during a time of war coverage.

Hasan is an internationally recognized talent who, before joining MSNBC, had for years earned a terrific reputation for tough but fair interviews that genuinely held the powerful to account.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-mehdi-hasan-leaving-msnbc-in-surprise-announcement-at-end-of-final-sunday-show/