Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[85 / 1 / 28]

stores discontinuing self checkout

No.1270686 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Democrats ruin fucking everything. now because we live in a low trust society I gotta talk to some fag instead of just scanning my own shit and leaving. It is both the fault of the dems who are doing the thefts and the dems in public office who made it so shoplifting is legal in most dem cities
https://www.kget.com/national-news/self-checkouts-are-disappearing-from-retailers-heres-why/
Self-checkouts are disappearing from retailers. Here’s why
Pete Wilgoren
8 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) — For a while, they looked to be the future of shopping.

Grocery stores, home improvement stores and retail chains were all making room for those blinking green lanes of sweeping, modern shopping convenience (or so they said) — the self-checkouts where you become cashier and bagger.

If you’ve ever visited Target on a Sunday evening and have seen the snaking lane of self-checkout customers weaving into the store, you know.

But you may be seeing fewer of them in major retailers nowadays, and you can blame retail crime across the country.

On social media, one user recently posted a picture of the Walmart in West Hills, California with the self-checkout lanes roped off. The post said all Walmarts have removed self-checkouts due to theft.

Nexstar’s KTLA reached out to Walmart to find out if the self-checkout lanes were indeed a thing of the past. Are they removing all of them in California? Which stores have had them removed (or simply closed, temporarily or otherwise)

A Walmart spokesperson said they needed to research the issue.

They later replied, saying, “We’re always looking at ways to innovate and improve our stores. We have nothing to announce related to self-checkout removals at this time.”

When pressed for specifics, the retailer offered none.

“I’ll refer you to the previous statement. That’s the only comment we have.”

It’s the not-so-secret secret: retail chains are doing away with these lanes, and many do not want to talk about it.