Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 1 / ?]

Florida Man beat girlfriend’s toddler to death, tried to blame injuries on couple’s new puppy

No.1280658 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A 20-year-old man in Florida has been arrested for allegedly killing his girlfriend’s 23-month-old son, beating the boy to death while babysitting and then trying to blame the fatal injuries on the couple’s puppy.

Bobby Frank Curry Jr. was taken into custody last week and charged with one count of first-degree murder and one count of aggravated child abuse in the brutal slaying of young Ezekiel Cotto-Saintfleur, authorities announced.

Lakeland Police Department Chief Sam Taylor on Monday said he believed Curry was inexperienced in dealing with children and grew frustrated with the victim.

“I will tell you I suspect that (Curry) was overwhelmed. He was probably unused to babysitting a 23-month-old,” Taylor said. “I believe that he was frustrated.”

The chief also said that Curry waited more than two hours before seeking medical attention for Ezekiel.

“It’s unconscionable and unfathomable for almost two-and-a-half hours to go by from the first signs Ezekiel was injured until Mr. Curry decided to notify 911,” Taylor said.

According to police, officers at about 5:25 p.m. on March 5 responded to a home on Kansas Avenue in Lakeland regarding an unresponsive child. Upon arriving at the scene, first responders said that they found Ezekiel lying on the floor in the bathroom. He was not breathing and had no discernible pulse.

Police performed lifesaving procedures until emergency medical personnel with the Lakeland Fire Department arrived and took over. Ezekiel was transported to Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center for treatment. Due to the severity of the toddler’s injuries, he was then transported to Tampa General Hospital where he was admitted in critical condition.

Ezekiel succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead on March 8.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/lakeland-police-man-arrested-for-murder-of-23-month-old-boy/ar-BB1k6vA9