Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / ?]

Rochester Police Department Officer Pleads Guilty to RAOC

No.1282699 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.fltimes.com/news/former-rochester-police-officer-pleads-guilty-to-raping-child/article_f5f38dec-ecff-11ee-8339-b72ab4c6af95.html

CANANDAIGUA — A former Rochester police officer pleaded guilty Wednesday to having sex with a child younger than 15.

Shawn Jordan, 40, of South Bristol, pleaded guilty in Ontario County Court to second-degree rape, a Class D felony, and forcible touching. Sentencing is set for June 25.

Assistant District Attorney Kelly Wolford said second-degree rape is considered a violent felony.

As part of the plea, Wolford said Jordan admitted having sexual intercourse with a child younger than 15 during the summer of 2022 and touching the child’s intimate parts on a separate occasion that same summer.

Wolford praised the victim for coming forward.

“Today a brave young girl, who stood up and said, ‘Shawn Jordan raped me,’ received justice when Jordan admitted in open court to having sexual intercourse with her knowing she was under the age of 15,” Wolford said. “Unfortunately when adults sexually abuse teens it is rare for the adult to actually admit what they did. I am so proud of this amazing young girl for having the power to stand up for herself, particularly since her offender was a police officer. To hear Jordan in his own words admit what he did was a moment I wish every victim of child sexual assault could experience. Now, the true healing for this young child and her family can begin.”

Wolford noted that Jordan still faces charges in Monroe County, where he was charged in March 2023 with disseminating indecent material to minors and endangering the welfare of a child. He is accused of exposing himself to a 16-year-old girl and acting “in a lewd manner” in a Facebook Messenger video chat.