Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[52 / 1 / ?]

DEI Baltimore mayor on bridge accident:“duly elected incumbent.”

No.1283432 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
DEI Baltimore mayor fights back against C.H.U.D attacks on bridge accident:“duly elected incumbent.”

Mayor Brandon Scott has come to expect overt and not-so-overt racism.

The latest example came in the aftermath of Tuesday morning’s Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse. Within hours, Scott said he started to notice social media posts labeling him as a “DEI Mayor.”

Scott immediately bristled at the dog whistle.

“We know what these folks really want to say when they say DEI mayor,” he told The Banner. “Whether it is DEI or clown. They really want to say the N-word. But there is nothing they can do and say to me that is worse than the treatment of my ancestors. I am proud of who I am and where I come from.”

DEI — shorthand for diversity, equity and inclusion — has become a weaponized term used by the conservative right. Some use the term on its face value to attack diversity efforts. But others use it more nefariously to mean “Didn’t Earn It.”

Scott is far from a “DEI mayor.” He wasn’t appointed; he was elected by voters in a city with one of the largest Black populations in the country.

He clapped back at his critics, calling himself a “duly elected incumbent.”

Maryland Gov. Wes Moore (D-MD) denounced critics on the Right who claimed the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge was due to DEI policies.

CNN’s Dana Bash asked Moore about some of the comments about DEI — which stands for “Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion”

“Some Republicans are trying to blame the bridge collapse on policies that encourage workplace diversity. A Utah state representative who is running for governor tweeted, quote, ‘This is what happens when you have governors who prioritize diversity over the well-being and security of citizens.’

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/politics-power/national-politics/brandon-scott-dei-mayor-racist-C3MWO3BVX5FJZM5MENNLC2X2BI/