Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[15 / 1 / 1]

MAGA Propagandists Learn in Real-Time That NYC Isn’t the Dystopian Hellscape They Keep Claiming

No.1288343 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>“I thought I would see a little more chaos on the streets than, um, from what I’ve been told. And I didn’t see as much as I thought I would,” RSBN host Brian Glenn said this week.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/maga-media-learns-in-real-time-that-nyc-isnt-a-dystopian-hellscape

For years now, right-wing media and conservative politicians have framed New York City as a Democratic-run “hellhole” full of violent migrant criminals and homeless drug addicts clogging up the streets in a zombified state.

Now that Donald Trump’s hush-money trial is taking place in lower Manhattan and has brought an intense media spotlight with it, many in the MAGAverse are learning that the Big Apple isn’t exactly the post-apocalyptic wasteland they’ve been led to believe.

During the opening day of the ex-president’s criminal trial on Monday, Brian Glenn—a host for the aggressively pro-Trump streaming platform Right Side Broadcasting Network and MAGA Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s paramour—wandered the streets near the courthouse with his camera in tow.

While speculating about the jury selection and how Trump faces an uphill climb with the largely Democratic base of New York, Glenn suddenly admitted that the city wasn’t quite what he expected based on what he’d been fed by conservative media.

In a clip flagged by journalist Jacqueline Sweet, Glenn noted that he and his crew had driven in from Philadelphia on Sunday and spent the day “exploring” New York and came to the stunning realization that the city was fairly peaceful.

“I gotta say, I thought I would see more [of a] homeless situation here,” he said. “I thought I would see a little more chaos on the streets than, um, from what I’ve been told. And I didn’t see as much as I thought I would.”