Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[21 / 1 / ?]

Democrat corruption

No.1292182 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
In a shocking turn of events, a California Democrat legislator has a hate boner for gays and is running for Senate after maxing out their congressional term limits

What is not surprising, is that she's corrupt
https://lamag.com/politics/ex-congresswoman-labeled-most-corrupt-anti-lgbtq-now-seeking-state-senate
Ex-Congresswoman Labeled 'Most Corrupt' and 'Anti-LGBTQ+' Is Now Seeking State Senate

Laura Richardson, a former U.S. Congresswoman from California, is now running for California State Senate.

A Democrat, Richardson formerly represented Congressional District 37 from 2007-2013. Now she hopes to be elected by the constituents of Senate District 35 — a district currently represented by State Sen. Steven Bradford, a Democrat whose term limits have hindered him from running for re-election.

Richardson’s experience makes her an ideal candidate for some, but her past could be coming back to haunt her.

In 1996, Richardson sent out a campaign mailer that accused her then primary-opponent, Gerrie Schipske, of being “committed to a radical gay rights agenda” and of backing “ultra-liberal” Sheila Kuehl, who was the only openly gay state legislator at the time.

Schipske, a lesbian, felt the attacks were directed at her in a very targeted manner.

"I was furious when I saw the mailer," Schipske told L.A. Magazine. "I was furious that she used Sheila Kuehl as the reason I supposedly had a radical gay agenda."

At the time, Richardson justified the mailer by saying it had been printed and sent out unbeknownst to her — but according to Schipske, that's not true. "I called her consultant, who I knew. He said she approved the piece and personally went to the printer to pay for it," said Schipske.

Schipske — the first and only lesbian to be elected to the Long Beach Community College Board and Long Beach City Council and author of LGBTQ+ Long Beach — doesn't have faith that Richardson's views have evolved over time.