Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[41 / 1 / ?]

Did COVID data whistleblower hack Florida’s emergency alert system? Police raid home

No.743208 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article247680010.html

The Tallahassee home of the former Department of Health data scientist who has been running an alternative web site to the state’s COVID dashboard was raided Monday morning by state police, according to a post she put on Twitter late in the day.

“There will be no update today. At 8:30 am this morning, state police came into my house and took all my hardware and tech,’’ wrote Rebekah Jones at 5 p.m. “They were serving a warrant on my computer after DOH filed a complaint. They pointed a gun in my face. They pointed guns at my kids.”

Jones was fired from her job in May as the geographic information system manager for DOH’s Division of Disease Control and Health Protection after she complained in an email to users of a state data portal that the state was manipulating data. She announced that she had been removed from overseeing the dashboard and hinted that she had been stripped of the responsibility as a result of raising concerns about the state’s commitment to transparency.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said in a statement late Monday that it issued the search warrant after suspecting Jones of being responsible sending of an unauthorized message to members of the State Emergency Response Team responsible for coordinating the public health and medical response.