Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[66 / 11 / ?]

Best kilts for /out/?

No.1260418 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A few years ago I went hiking in a kilt (4 day hike in the Smoky Mountains). Awesome experience, and I was surprised how much more positive kilt hiking was than pants hiking. I've used it on day hikes a few times since.
Kilt pros: Massive ventilation increase. (I used boxer briefs to avoid any chafing but the free air wicked away any sweat almost immediately.) Big range of motion improvement.
Kilt cons: a sporran tends to bounce a bit while hiking (can be solved with a utility-style kilt with pockets). Ticks (not where I hiked, but I can see the potential problem.) Brush hiking and lower leg protection (though same could be said of shorts, if you hike in those, and anyway, stay on the damn trail.)
Any of you guys use a kilt when /out/? What kind, and what pros/cons have you encountered?
I've learned some things the hard way hiking - what socks, what boots, what gear, etc., but those lessons have become a core of my /out/ experiences now. I have a better job now with more free time to hike, considering whether to upgrade to a better kilt or stick with pants, wondering if anyone has input.