Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[28 / 6 / ?]

Complete Gearlist Recommendation?

No.1349170 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /out/, hoping you can help me compile a complete gear-list for camping/hiking for a few camping trips I want to do, I have camped a few times but for the sake of this list let's assume I have nothing (not even appropriate attire). Thought maybe I could get some help if I provided some key information about what I want to do and the area I intend to visit:

>hot and humid climate year round, very mild winters
>mixed pine forest and coppice environment
>mostly low-lying sea-level terrain but some rocky hills and cliffs
>would be driving up to a certain point and then hiking/camping from there, want to rely on vehicle and vehicle storage as little as possible though
>trips would last a max of 2 or 3 days
>would most likely be camping with a group but don't want to rely on them or expect load or gear sharing
>no fresh water or food sources so would have to bring whatever I needed in that department
>initial budget of $600.00 for all the gear I would need to be ready to head out (obviously replenishables and perishables are not included in that)
>not interested in /survivalmode/ or anything like that, but just recreational camping trips with friends that don't involve me bringing the kitchen sink or being woefully unprepared

Appreciate any recommendations and if there are any supplemental questions that I can answer to help I'll be checking the thread regularly