Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[14 / 5 / ?]

Your choice of tent

No.1368410 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey /out/! Probably been put up a million times, but what do YOU PERSONALLY use / recommend for a good tent? My girlfriend and I currently have a monster of a tent, a huge dome style 6 person that is starting to rip up after only 2 brief camping trips (Thank you Field and Stream brand tents), so I want to invest in something more durable.

We are disagreeing on though is what type of tent we get. My girlfriend wants an 'instant' pop-up type, which is FANTASTIC for campground / campsite camping. Set it up and stake it down within a couple minutes, and we're ready to start a fire, get to cooking, drinking, whatever, and just enjoy nature.

I on the other hand would like something a little more compact, and if we get into backpacking, we would already have a good tent we can utilize. We aren't the smallest people in the world, so we would be looking at at least a 4 person. We also currently don't have very compact gear (using a large sleeping bags and separate twin size inflatable mattresses so we don't feel every motion the other makes.

I personally don't give a flying fuck if its popup style or not, a tent is not that hard to put together.

My other big debate is over physical height, my current tent and the one she wants, is over 6' tall so full standing room. Easy to change clothes in, easy to move around, setting up the inside and taking things out is a breeze. also we can fit an extra person or two inside easily in case one has a tent malfunction, or we don't have an area to hang in if the rain starts pouring and we don't have a screen house to hang in. One group of our friends have a nice kelty 3-4 person, which (for smaller people like themselves) they love, it's durable, but it only stands maybe 3-4 foot high, and there is ZERO room for anything other than their sleep gear, Even changing clothes is difficult, they either do it in our tent, or run behind their truck and say "don't look"...

So /out/ what do YOU use and recommend?