Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[123 / 31 / ?]

No.1421763 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
/out/

Why is / isn't a SAK (Swiss Army Knife) one of the best knives for everyday carry?

For me, I just can't pull it from my EDC. I work on computers, and that purpose, it's one of the best tools

>Non threatening looking knife for on site service (oh look a boyscout knife, not a crazy gangmember knife (also not kidding, I had a Sog flashback spring assist that I scared some pearl clutcher with once))
>Blade is thin and makes a pretty good pry tool for removing screw cover stickers, opening boxes, stubborn laptop access panels
>Scissors are great for fingernails, decent at cutting Cat5/Cat6 cable, OK performance for zip ties
>Tweezers for all the tweezing / splinters if i'm doing cable work around rough wood
>Phillips head, and 2 sized slotted screwdrivers (kind of shitty but works in a pinch)
>Bottle opener for off hours

No it is NOT, and very FAR from the perfect knife, but to be blatantly honest, one of these probably does / will cover 90% of what you are doing. I personally prefer to have the right tool for the job (cutters, side cutters, real screwdrivers, etc) But if I am caught with my pants down, they make a pretty damn decent in between considering they fit very comfortably in my pocket