Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[46 / 9 / ?]

No.172138 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hey, sc/out/s. I've been lurking /out/ since day one, not because I know anything about the outdoors, but because I know nothing. Ever since I was little, I've wanted to be capable of spending prolonged periods of time Dick Proanoke style. Unfortunately, I was raised by three women(mother, grandmother, and great grandmother), so I learned nothing whatsoever. Most would turn to boyscouts or their fathers or uncles or something in such a situation, but the troops around here aren't worth a damn, and I don't know anyone willing or able to help me learn. I figure my best bet would be to get booksmart and then get good at it all through trial and error. I'm not completely ignorant. I'm decent enough at firestarting, I think, and I can mock up shelters easily enough(though I really should invest in a tent), but I don't know anything beyond that. My excursions have been limited to spending a day and maybe a night occasionally an hour's walk out with some hotdogs and processed cheese, mostly because I just don't have enough knowledge that I can trust myself. So, I've come to you. Is there any source that can give me all or most of the information about not dying horribly innawoods I could possibly ask for? If not, what should I turn to instead?

On a related note:What would you guys say to putting together a series of /out/ for dummies kind of things, telling about various basics like firestarting, knife/machete/hatchet usage and differences, shelter building, food procuring, and so on. By /out/, for /out/. Something to shove in the face of little fuckheads like me that don't know anything, to prevent a billion threads like this in the future. I'd offer my help, but if I knew enough to contribute, I wouldn't exactly be making this thread right now.