Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 3 / ?]

Is $2000 enough for a trip to Shenandoah?

No.1730135 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hi /out/ I'm thinking of going on a 4-day weekend adventure to Shenandoah National Park this June or July.

Originally I was planning to go with REI adventures, but their dates don't work out with my school schedule. How much should I budget for a trip to Shenandoah? I'm really excited because I want to climb Hawksbill Mountain (since it's the tallest mountain in Shenandoah), and see a deer (I've never seen one) or even bears if I'm lucky!

Will $2000 be enough for one person? I know REI adventures non-member rate is $1,900, and i'm not going to be going in a group so I don't know if they'll charge me more.

I'm coming from Washington DC by the way, this is going to be my annual summer adventure. In past years I've gone to Europe and Asia, but I wanted to try something more "local" and authentic this year. I'm not totally inexperienced with the outdoors, since I've done some one-day microadventures in Great Falls Park and Catoctin Mountain Park before.

Thank you /out/, I don't normally post here but I figured it's better asking you guys than my home board (/pol/)