Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[59 / 22 / ?]

About the hike entire Shenandoah National Park northbound

No.2215435 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I recently accepted an offer at a new company and I have a month to burn. My plan is to drive to Waynesboro, VA, and hike 115 miles north to Front Royal, VA, which is the entire Shenandoah National Park section of the Appalachian Trail. I am going to be doing this on October 13th and take as long as I need (probably 8 days, give or take). Each shelter is ~12 miles apart from each other. I plan to do a few days of ~22 mile hikes and a few days of ~11 mile hikes and maybe even spend a day or two just chilling at my campsite that day. I have literally nothing to do until Nov 1.

There appear to be ample water and food availability hear, and many people say that this is the smoothest part of the AT because of how much amenities are available. Tons of waystations, camp stores, shelters, water pumps, and a nice smooth non-rocky hike. I am bringing 4 days worth of food with the intention to purchase more at a camp supply store or waystation which are frequently available on the actual trail. Same with water, but with using the pumps available. I am also equipped with life straws and a jetboil.

Cont.