Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 3 / ?]

Public Land Access for the Impoverished

No.2219767 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
https://americanhiking.org/advocacy/transit-to-trails-act/

Anons, what's the best way we can connect our under-served friends in the inner-city to the wonders of public land? Will this bill do nearly enough? Although it'd be fantastic to have public transport direct from underprivileged neighborhoods to every trailhead with any popularity, I feel like there would still be work to do. Perhaps we could pave some of the more popular trails, at least the first couple miles? That would be a tremendous boon to our wheelchair-bound friends, and many economically-disadvantaged communities don't have the resources for decent hiking boots. I'm also thinking water fountains set at intervals along the trails might be helpful; I don't believe many urban youth have suitable backpacks, and we should remember that for many, this will be their first introduction to the outdoors. We don't want to overburden them with culturally-prejudiced expectations.

What are your ideas, Anons? We all love public lands here, so let's brainstorm on how we increase access for everyone.