Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[102 / 17 / 65]

These goddamned things have ruined my local /out/. Anyone else?

No.2481089 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I guess I just need a place to vent, anons.

I was born, raised, and still live in comfy rural southern Appalachia, and growing up the main /out/ was going up to the virgin wilderness atop the lone mountain that towered above the local landscape.

But within just the past ~7 years, there has been a relentless assault on the ridge by these utter monstrosities, trailered in from far locations; machines that should have never even existed, let alone been allowed anywhere near our beloved ridge.

What was once a narrow footpath up the mountain is now utterly ruined; both topsoil and subsoil stripped away, that only large boulders and stones remain. What's worse is that it's now become too steep for basically anything besides a pack donkey; essentially every tree over six inches in diameter along the way has deep cuts from the cable winches on the buggies.

And at the very top of our mountain, one of the most ancient places in the entire country, the entire ridge line is covered in deep, ugly ruts and scars that are an abomination.

And the damage is so permanent, so catastrophic, it's going to all be like this until the end of time. It's truly a shame to behold.

I could go on. I don't know why I posted this. Maybe some anons can consider it a warning. Thanks for reading my blog.

At least we have a few more years before the light pollution takes the Milky Way from us.