Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[100 / 8 / 65]

How to meet outdoorsy people, No one to socialize with or talk to.

No.2494105 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Advice needed.

I try talking to my family but they just shit on anything I say about my hobbies and discourage me and tell me everything I think and say is stupid.

I’ve learned it’s best to avoid any online communication medium because most people there are just toxic bullies. This includes discord and Reddit, whatever people go on. I genuinely tried for quite a while on these forums with nothing to show for it. I like shitposting but I also want quality friendships and to not have to deal with psychos.

I tried researching Meetups but the only remotely outdoorsy meetup in my area is for hiking, and I think it would be awkward to be stuck with a group of strangers on a 4 hour hike, especially since I’m not outgoing. In addition the Meetup hikes are usually pretty moderate/lame and very far so it isn’t very worth it for me.

I was thinking of doing skiing or snowboarding classes but I basically already know how to do both and it’s a ginormous rip off it seems, plus the only 2 ski places within 1.5 hrs of me are very poorly managed and it seems dumb to pay so much for a ski pass even let alone lessons.

I also wanted to do rock climbing but the good gym is a 25 min drive, and they have weird fucking rules for the lessons I’m actually interested in so I have to wait a year to take them.

The closer by gym is much shittier and they only have extremely basic beginner lessons, which is stuff I already know how to do so I have no real way of improving or meeting anyone, and I don’t even have a climbing buddy. Like yeah I can learn through watching Youtube videos but it gets lonely after a while.

There is a festival 3 hrs away sometime in January for a niche sport im interested in but that seems like a long shot anyway and they might not have lessons at the festival.