Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[325 / 84 / 170]

Backpack Thread

No.2623688 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Didn't see one up and wanted to get some advice. I'm currently looking for a backpacking bag. I have a smaller 35l bag I can use for overnights, but it's too small for weekend and 3 plus day trips. I'm looking around a 65L capacity give or take. I'm not an ultra light homo with twink legs, and the trips I have planned for next month are nothing wild: 3 days two nights out in the Big horns to hit some alpine lakes for fishing (35 miles round trip, about a total 1000 foot elevation gain), and then possibly one further in the Tetons of about 50 miles but over 4 days and 3 nights (again to fish). I'll be bringing my fishing gear, net, and I pack moderately heavy as my sleeping bag, pad, and tent aren't very light because I got them cheap and don't wanna upgrade. I also bring my dog with me when I can, so have to factor in extra food, water, and such for him.
I was looking at this mystery ranch bridger 65, anyone ever use it? Also liked the looks of the Gregory Zulu 65. Money isn't a huge issue as I got a $750 bonus from work I'm sinking into a new bag, camp stove, and j frame revolver.
Open to any and all suggestions.