Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[105 / 23 / 76]

Hiking psychosis

No.2633114 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Took my zoomer friends for an overnight hike in the tatra mountains, what followed was a psychotic episode for both of them. They're smokers and bongs so never experienced mountains and struggled physically and kept stopping for rest, however they still enjoyed themselves and admired the views.

When it got dark and we were walking to a mountain hut they started getting cranky and losing their minds seeing red eyes in the forest, every big boulder looked like an abandoned house and their minds were screaming that they're gonna die.

We got to the hut about 11pm at some food then went into a gravely sleep. We walked 20km that day.

The next day on the ascent my friend broke down in tears and said we're gonna have to call the rescue helicopter. I was feeling fine and did my best to calm him down.
Important to note that we didnt have any injuries and had plenty of water, food, light loads and suitable clothing. The one thing I havent packed was sugar.

After a passing hiker kindly gave us some sugar and vitamins, i made the guys eat a bunch of it. They were still experiencing nausea, were paranoid about the remoteness and bickered constantly but started moving better so we made some progress. About an hour later we began joking around and enjoying the hike again. Do you think it was just low blood sugar or an alien landscape of 2000m high mountains that caused it? Share your hiking psychosis stories