Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[31 / 7 / 20]

No.2659752 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm an indoors city man through and through, but recently I've been experiencing more and more peer pressure to go camping with people whom I would really want to spend more time with and whom I don't want to upset. So I'd rather ask this from people I don't know: what exactly is the point of camping? What part of this activity is supposed to make it enjoyable?

I'm a grown-ass man so I'm not buying the hippie weeaboo Commune With Nature And Be One With The Trees bullshit, y'all just say that to fuck with people. I've never been a treehugger nor have I ever been drugged enough to fuck one, so I don't see what satisfaction I should get from seeing a tree up close that I don't get from seeing one from my window. I've been out in the nature a lot of times before and never had some grand relevations about any shit, y'all just say that shit to fuck with people.

So what really is the point? Is it like some sort of anorexia sort of thing, restricting and removing physical comforts from your life to see how miserable you can make yourself as a some sort of a masochistic self-control flex? And then having online communities where you get competitive about who can make himself the most miserable without actually dying, all insisting that there's some kind of a higher goal to all of this than just playing a big game of chicken with death by exposure?