Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[54 / 34 / 31]

Anyone ever been here?

No.2683398 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is on top of a mountain range on National Forest land just north of Rama in western New Mexico. I started at the base of the mountain and picked a compass bearing to follow to reach one of the clearings on top. After hiking for an hour I found a rock cairn, then noticed another 50 feet away, and another, and realized I was on a trail. I followed this cairn trail all the way up to an old logging road which took me most of the way to the top, then I broke off north to climb up to the clearing in the pic. When I was hiking down I followed the logging road for too long and passed the cairn trail. I picked a bearing about where I thought I had come in at and walked through the woods. Never found the cairn trail and it got spooky for a bit. The sun was coming down quick at this point and I had an hour and a half daylight left. Eventually when I reached the bottom and walked through a couple clearings and patches of woods I found something familiar and followed the path I came in the rest of the way.