Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / 2]

Planning a multi-day hike where a lot of the route is on private property

No.2684405 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm planning a weekend thru-hike of some mountains in southern Appalachia and a lot of the hike is on private property. The start of the hike is on my property and I hike to the top of the mountain near me and follow the ridgeline to the valley and then walk an actual public road to another valley where I eventually do join a public trail, the end of my hike being the trailhead. It is 25 miles. I think I will probably have to camp before I get to the public trail. I've been looking at the route I plan to hike on Google Earth and I won't be passing by any houses until I get to the valley with the road and the small town. The plan is just to lay low, wear camo, be quiet, and plop a camp down at dark then leave as soon as there's enough light to see. I've gone camping and hiking on logging company land plenty, but this is a little bit different. The spots I'm hiking and camping are sure to be part of someone's property most of the way. I need to get on OnX and verify all the property lines before I go. Anyone have experience with this? Anything to consider besides the obvious risks that come with trespassing?