Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[51 / 1 / 44]

Planning a multi-day hike where a lot of the route is on private property

No.2684455 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm planning a weekend hike through the mountains in southern Appalachia. Most of the hike is on private property. The start of it is on my land, and the idea is to climb up the nearest mountain and follow the ridge line for about 15 miles until it drops you off into a long valley where. At the end of that valley is a public trail (about 25 miles hike from my land) and the trailhead will be the end point of my hike. I've done plenty of hiking on logging company land but this is a bit different, it is going through many privately owned properties. I've been careful to design the route to not get close to any houses, but still most of the land is owned by individuals. I'm sure these people would not be so keen on having a random guy walking through their property or showing up on their cameras so there's a real risk of getting in trouble whereas you can pretty much go wherever you want on logging company land when there's no operations going on. I thought about wearing full camouflage and being silent and aware but I could never spot and avoid every camera. Perhaps a face mask with glasses?
Anyone have experience with thru hikes trespassing through private property?