Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 1 / 7]

No.2692008 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hello /out/. So, I've been trying to convince my brother to go out on some sort of biking/hiking trip this summer. Last summer, we would go out on several day-long biking outings through different areas near us. I had a ton of fun with those and would like to do something similar but actually make a trip out of it. I come to you bearing some questions to see if you guys have any advice on how I can plan some of this out.
1. Do any of you have any good suggestions on some sort of dedicated biking trail that could work for a week long trip? I live near Cleveland, so something in the western side of the US would work the best. Ideally, some sort of long paved/gravel trail that might pass through some towns.
2. What type of things should we plan on packing. We've both gone on several day long hiking trips through parts of the appalachian mountains, so I have a decent idea on what to bring, but are there any specifics that you guys think would be necessary for stuff involving biking? How can we try to cover our butts if something goes wrong with our bikes? We have a portable air pump and bike kit but I'm concerned of what we do if a bike breaks down and fixing it is out of our control.
3. How can we prepare for bad weather? A trip like this would need to be planned well ahead of time but I'm worried on how we would be able to handle bad weather. If its just a day or two of rain, thats not a big deal, however I don't know what we would do if the trip ends up happening durring some tough storm. Is the best way to handle something like this to just come prepared for the worst?
Obviously, I feel like there is a lot that could go wrong with something like this, so do you guys think this could work, or would it be better to just plan around a normal hiking/camping trip instead? It seems like there are less concerns with weather/bike issues this way. If so, any good suggestions for something like that instead?