Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[54 / 9 / 23]

Umbrellas

No.2698321 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Hiking with an umbrella solves a lot of practical problems and comes with a list of features no other gear can provide, but there’s one aspect that often overlooked: it’s comfy as well.

You know that feeling you have when it’s raining at camp in the morning or early evening? You’re secure in your space (tarp, tent, etc.), cozy and dry. You hear the rain pattering on the fabric while a grey mist clouds the tops of the trees.

It’s super comfy, and that something an umbrella provides that a jacket can’t. Sure, you’re dry in a jacket (as long as the temp is low or you’re not moving very much). But it’s doesn’t provide a sense of a dry space. It’s not raining all around you while you’re separated from it in your own little dry space; you’re in the rain but wearing a jacket.

My fellow umbrella ins know what I’m talking about. It’s like you’re walking during a rain shower rather than through it or in it.

Then there’s the sound. Soothing as hell. I’m pretty sure ASMR is supposed to mean autism spectrum meridian response because there’s no way I’m normal for liking this so much.