Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[18 / 2 / 11]

UL Backpacking Tents for Tall People

No.2704543 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Howdy Folks
I am 6'9" (207 cm) tall and I am trying to find a good UL tent. I have been using LightHeart Gear's Solong 6 and it has been fine, but i have been having some issue with condensation in the low temps of 10-34 degree fahrenheit (-12 to 0 degree celcius). It also isnt the best in heavy rain or wind. The ventilation isnt perfect in it during a storm. Do you guys have any recommendations? I was looking at the FjallRaven Abisko Lite 1, but it turns out it is 3.5 lbs and there is no way to get anything besides aluminum tent poles for it. Do you guys know of anything? Id like something that would be suitable for longer backpacking trails as I just have the PCT left for my triple crown. I am also planning on thru-hiking the Ice Age Trail once i get done with the PCT. I also do not mind trekking pole tents and i would be fine with a 3 or 4 season tent. Do you guys have any advice? It is hard to find people who backpack at my height. I also wouldn't mind paying someone to make a custom tent if you guys know any cottage companies that would do it. Thanks all!