Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[24 / 8 / 1]

/out/ and /g/ crossover thread

No.2710631 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
thread for /out/ tech, especially relating to car prep

how do you guys get around to your adventures and how do you use technology to make it easier? for me, it's an old iphone SE turned into a dedicated car computer and integrated into my car with shit like
>grom audio bluetooth unit installed in stock radio
>google maps offline download capability
>lots of good music loaded onto phone
>obd2 scanner wirelessly connected to phone
>coming soon, always-on voice control via telnyx IoT data simcard

this lets me glance at an offline map on a semi-pemanent smartphone mount with a really clean cable run (there's a single cable that disappears into the plastic trim), as well as 3 usb charging ports coming through the center console or the cigarette lighter

i'm pretty techy so one of my consistent battles in terms of long drives and even just weekend /out/ings is being that guy who's always there when some newfag needs to constantly charge her phone and then loses it in a marsh. so far my main challenges have involved charging capacity on the road, and voice control of the phone (because old ios needs a data connection to use siri)

i'm curious about how /out/ uses technology to get around in areas with spotty cell coverage and basically ensure that you reach the correct area of the middle of nowhere. i obviously also carry paper road and trail maps as well. i'll post some pics of my car setup tomorrow