Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[6 / 1 / 1]

if it works it aint stupid

No.2720278 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
What are some dumb things you've bought for /out/ or tried while /out/ that ended up working or at least preforming better than expected?
>example 1
I bought a whole bunch of medium duty shower stall liners at Costco for 50 cents each because I have a problem buying seemingly useless things on sale. Turns out they're a great substitute for when you don't quite need a tarp. I've used them to sleep on. I've used them for shelter. I've used them to cover wood. I've wrap myself in one as a ghetto poncho. They hardly take up any space and at least one edge already has rings to run string through.
>example 2
Might not exactly be dumb, but it sure preformed better than expected. I bought some mosquito mesh fabric that goes over your head for when the blood suckers are bad. However I noticed these things work great all the time. They help keep the sun out. They keep any cob webs out. Any gusts of dust get mostly blocked. Somehow it blocks a lot of the smoke from a fire I don't know how probably some witch craft. Small branches or brush wont slap you in the face. If you've ever been /out/ and felt like you have to keep wiping or swatting at your face these cure that.

What were your dumb ideas that worked out?