Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[32 / 10 / 1]

American nature not worth it for Europeans

No.2726651 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Two of my hiking friends are going to the USA for two months leaving me alone for the summer without hiking friends. I don't get it. I am from the Netherlands, which yes is flat and boring but Europe is better than America for landscapes. Want mountains? Go to urals, Carpathians, Alps. Want canyons? Go to Greece, Turkey, and France. Want deserts? Visit Spain. Want grasslands? Visit the European plains. Want forests? Visit England, Germany, Baltics.

I have been told American plains and flatlands and grasslands are more interesting because the heat lightening and powerful storms are awesome. But so? So you're saying Europe cannot do awe inspiring stuff?

To me it's Americentrism. Like we all must go to America for nature. Europe has so much more and yes I know people will say america has areas of super sparse populations. Okay, so does Russia. So what? If you go into nature in germany or france it won't feel any different than Alaska or Montana besides the landscape.

In my view people should stay in europe because then our nature will be more accurately seen as as good as or even better than americas. America has mythologies around their natural areas which sadly causes europeans to think it is worth it to visit.