Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[12 / 3 / 9]

No.4144995 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I read the book about White Sight https://twitter.com/nickmirzoeff?t=-9ynKC_B2rMaZ9Ixh9aAwA&s=09

And while I can see the compelling argument about photography which "others" humans I am at a loss to the association with skin colour and what alternative there is for any person to have their subjective gaze related to their skin.

I am a brown skinned Indian man, but I do not view the shade of my skin in context of any caste system or any gaze. However based on the theory put forward in the book there is an innate factor.

Should brownness/brown gaze be dismantled? If it were about a gaze of dehumanising or othering or subjugation then it would be applicable and a great book for everyone to apply. However for a white person reading this theory I can't imagine what they re replacing their white gaze with exactly?

I know this isn't about gear and more social photography but I would love to hear any thoughts on whether it's possible to replace one gaze with another or if images will always be judged in the context of the skin colour which made them.