Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / 3]

What’s a great camera for an advanced photographer?

No.4227038 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I recently had an incident with my Sony A7iii, and got some waterdamage. It also hit the side of a pool and turns out it’s completely broken.
I was planning on having a nice dinner with my fiancé, but when I got the call telling me that my camera is ruined beyond repair, I was heartbroken, and sadly had to tell the waiter to cancel my girlfriends order.
It was hard enjoying my courses, thinking about the broken camera, and my girlfriend was constantly nagging me about getting some of the “free” popcorn they kept offering her, but I know there must be some hidden fees, and I told her that we need to focus on saving up so I can get a new camera.

I read some articles to find a suitable camera, and after I had some dessert, I decided that the choice is between Sony and Canon.
But I want to hear your opinion about it. Money is not an issue, as long as the budget doesn’t go above $500. My girlfriend is working again and my brother is her manager so we have a stable income.
But it’s important that the camera is heavy so my father doesn’t take it. He can’t carry heavy items, but he likes to steal when he gets the chance.

The picture I took today was at the restaurant after our visit, right as we were about to leave. It’s shot on a Hussain phone, which is a Huawei clone my girlfriend had with her from Ukraine.
I have done some colour correction on ipiccy, and I added a slight green tint to establish that I’m currently inside the matrix (my favourite movie is actually matrix reloaded, but I’m opening up to revolutions as I’ve seen it 18 times with my girlfriend this week) so a green tint is fitting. I added a shadow-like vignette to frame us as the main characters, like in the matrix.

My girlfriend was a bit upset that I deny her from calling her kids in ukraine, but I think it’s better to let them go and start a new life with me.
Anyways. Sony or canon?