Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[1 / 1 / 1]

No.4227737 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I have been taking picture for a few years, went from a T5 to a T7i and recently wanted to get into video quite badly. Been going out with my 1080p t7i and it just seems lackluster and not that sharp to be honest. Would buying a r10 and a cheap gimble be a good start to get into making some nice videos? I already have a Canon EF 50MM 1.8, Canon EF-S 18-135mm STM and Canon EF-S 55-250mm STM so I can transfer all my lenses to this mirrorless platform.

The R50 seems okay, but lack of most body controls and some other features is a bit of a turn off and the r10 is only 200 dollars more. The r50 seems to have a better screen than the r10 which is odd but idk how much that will make a difference. Overall, this will cost about 1660 CAD after tax with the gimble, without the gimble it will be 1327 after tax for the r10 and EF adapter, I know the Canon adapter is very overpriced but most of the reviews for the cheaper 3rd party adapters are very mixed. I guess another added cost may a be a 4k monitor to edit video on but it may not be as big of a deal editing 4k video from the r10 on a 1080p monitor I don't know. What are your guys thoughts?

tldr;

>want to get into videography/cinematography
>would the r10 be a good fit