Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[20 / 4 / 16]

Why photography is so disposable?

No.4230404 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Yeah I know talk of that talk about dude just take photos for your own enjoyment. These people should just shut the fuck up. They also upload their photos on Internet obviously to gain appreciation otherwise why would they publish them? They would Vivian Maier route without any contact with photography community.

Now I want to come towards my frustration. Honestly I feel like dogshit when I think about posting my photos on the internet. What is the fucking point? People look at it for 2 seconds and scroll past that. There is zero deeper and meaningful connection there. My """thoughtful""" photographs are as disposable as some random woman's selfies, actually her selfie would get more engagement and some cooler might burst a nut on it and this would make it more 100x engaging. There is no harmony there, you can't share enough photographs like a series or a project.

It makes me seethe that there still isn't a reliable medium through which a fucking photograph could be experienced. Something which stay which you, something more rather these retarded pixels on 6inch screen.

What is the solution? I think exhibitions are also shitty because I don't think we can freely and fully experience art in the presence of other people. Yeah concerts are a collective experience but everybody is fully immersed in it and they pay do that shit so they know that they're going there to have a real experience. One other problem with exhibition is that very few people visit them and they're on display for a very limited amount of time. Where a book or film or album stay with you. Then there is also the problem of getting the exhibition in the first place and if you get it by licking few balls then it's on you to frame and print your photos and if god forbid you sell some print the gallery is going to take 60-70% of that lmaoooo. Now the photographer is utterly and totally fucked.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE SOLUTION? WHY PHOTOGRAPHY IS SO RETARDED?