Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[105 / 24 / 33]

Artificial Intelligence: Implications for the Future of Photography

No.4238996 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Some of you may have seen this crouching girl photo a couple days ago in /rpt/ >>4236176

Except, it’s not a photo. It’s an image I generated using DALL-E 3. I edited the EXIF and file name to make it appear like it was taken with a SNOY a-5100. No one in that thread called me out for posting a fake AI photo. So if this image can trick the experienced anons who lurk here, then it’s safe to assume most people would be fooled. Now imagine what this technology might be capable of in several years, especially when much higher resolution images become possible.

What happens to stock photo providers when customers can just generate their own pictures?

In your opinion, what are the short and long term implications of this technology in regards to photography? Do you think this tool, or future versions, will pose a threat to the industry? Will this tool further diminish people’s interest in hobby-level photography? Could you see yourself using this tool to aid your creativity? General AI discussion thread

I’ll post a few more of the images I generated, for your consideration.
What do you think, do these look realistic to you?