Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[75 / 10 / 57]

No.4257011 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Is this the worst country to do photography?
As an architect I have extensively photographed around SEA, US, ME and Europe. Germany was by far the worst experience. I dont do street photography. Mostly architecture or stuff that I just plain find interesting. It just blows my mind how anyone can even attempt streetphotography in Germany. Some examples:

>Take shot of a cute dog, owner goes "HALLLO HABEN SIE GEFRAGT" apparently need to ask permission to take picture of a fucking dog

>Take picture of a advertisement on a wall that I found interesting. Nearby guy who puts them up starts bitching that I am taking pictures and that it is illegal. Mind you the guys back is turned and makes up 5% of my photo

>Take a shot of a boat in the touristic canal in Berlin, guy on the helm starts chimping SHEIZENHAUSEN MAUNSEN VERBOTEN . My man, you are anchored on the most tourist infested place surrounded by hundreds of tourists

>Be at a bar and ask the bartender to make picture of us for memories with my 90s snapshot film camera. Bartender says its forbidden. No one is at thr bar except for us and it is a standart bar, not a club

I have many more of these examples. People look at the camera in your hand as if you are a stasi officer out to get them. The only people I came across who were friendly and were genuinely amused were the Turks. Some kebab shop owner even posed infront of his store and THANKED me for it.