Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[5 / 1 / 3]

lens warranty return dilemma

No.4289902 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
So I bought a lens, it was fairly decentered and I returned it.
It took a month, and they sent me back a new one; you would say, even better, but it's actually not, as I knew beforehand that those lenses will never be actually perfect if a man in flesh and blood will not put the elements where and how they must be.

Long story short: even the new lens is a hair decentered, if you focus at infinity to the extreme right the extreme left will be oof and vice versa, but if you focus in the center both sides are kind of acceptable at f/1.4, even if not tack sharp as promised they are at least even (it's actually already better than the 97% of the lenses out there at f/1.4).
I think I could use it as it is as my problem was astigmatism in the corners for night shots, but it gets on my nerves that I can never use this lens at 100% of its potential just because of this stupid shit, just because they aren't able to put those damn lens elements in it ffs...

So what do I do, send the lens back again with the certainty that I will not get it back for at least another month (probably more if they actually correct my lens instead of sending me a new one again) or just use it as it is and never ever will be able to use it at its full potential?
When focused on the extreme corners the lens is tack sharp and without astigmatism even at f/1.4.