Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[10 / 1 / 4]

Is CHDK necessary for digishit

No.4291353 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Going to buy my first digishit cam soon, but split between whether to get a point & shoot cam and install chdk or to get a camcorder with no chdk.
I doubt I'd ever take pictures with it, I'm really only planning on using it for video, to achieve le aesthetic so RAW capability doesn't add much for me (though it would ofc be nice to have). Ability to control bitrate etc on video would be nice too, though.
At this point, perhaps you're asking what the benefit could possibly be with getting a camcorder. I think powershots look stupid. They remind me very heavily of middle-aged women, and I feel I'd look like a total doofus shooting with it. Camcorders (particularly with an eyepiece) are the most domineering and masculine digi cam one can use. Plus I want a viewfinder.
Ultimately, this is all up to personal taste, but my personal taste is that powershots look dumb and I would trade some functionality to look cooler when shooting. So, I ask, is CHDK really necessary if I'm just using it as a piece of shit cam without particular care for muh RAW?