Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[3 / 1 / 1]

Camera for a cynic

No.4298422 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Before the pandemic I was an avid hobby photographer that did a good bit of travelling. I used to come to this board a lot and enjoyed the keks.

Anyway, I started to get tired of the photo faggotry and downscaled my gear, got rid of my medium format SQ-A, the lenses, my digi fuji shit, the lot. I really started to hate photographers and the cancer that metastasised across social platforms, e.g.: "gear does/doesn't matter" "DO THIS (red arrow)", "Whiney bitch Thomas Heaton", etc...

I ultimately wanted to downsize and get a X100V, but the pandemic hit and it made photography irrelevant to me.

Cut to 4 years later, and I do not regret selling all my gear. I still take photos but only on my Samsung S23, which is decent, but I've lately started to get more curious again, and see what has been going on.

I find it sad that nothing excites me anymore, there are practically no new innovations or reasons to get back into photography.

The new X100V is a massive cash sink, with very few useful features (aside from IBIS).

The GR III looked quite impressive, but doing some research reveals it's an expensive, fragile toy liable to become a paperweight if a grain of sand enters it's cavernous gaps. Why the fuck hasn't serious become weather-sealed is beyond me.

Film cameras were already a joke to me, and a completely impractical means of taking travel snapshits.

So my question /p/. Is there an exciting, or upcoming travel camera with the portability of a GR III, that I should give a shit about?

Pic related, my wife's boyfriend when I discuss photography in 2024.