Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[35 / 10 / ?]

pvs14 night vision -> nikon z8

No.4300041 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
A couple of months ago I asked for help getting a PVS14 attached to my Nikon. I wanted to reply here and say thanks to the Anon that gave me encouragement and advice. I finally got this project done and wanted to offer my learnings to anyone interested.
I used a standard PVS14 and a manual focus 50mm lens connected by a couple of thread adapters.
PVS14 eye pieces have 30mm threads. The key is to find an adapter that goes from M30 to the filter size on your lens. The threads on both the pvs14 and filters are female threads. You'll need to find an adapter or combo of adapters that goes male to male 30mm to filter-size. My filter was some oddball 43mm. I was able to find a 30mm (male) to 43mm (female), but near as I can tell no place on earth makes a male-to-male adapter in 43mm. I had to make my own on the CNC. Don't make my mistake: find a 50mm lens with a filter size that has readily available male-to-male thread adapters!! don't get a 43mm unless you want to burn a couple of hours making your own!!
My contraption went:
PVS14 -> 30mm(male) to 43mm(female) -> homebrew 43mm male-to-male -> 43mm filter on 50mm lens -> Nikon Z8.
Even with all of this, it took some fiddling to get sharp photos. Thus far I haven't quite been able to match the clarity of the PVS14 as seen through the eye with the camera. I got this for taking photos of stars, but it was overcast today so you get pictures of my cats sleeping in the dark