Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[25 / 6 / 1]

Depth/Focus

No.4306391 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Ansel Adams used to tilt the plate is his cameras in order to get his entire photo in focus at once, regardless of the depth of field. Now we all just go to the highest f stop value possible and shoot for the best. Alternatively some with set up with a tripod, and take 10 photos of the same exact scene with different focus points, and blend them all into one picture in photoshop. Others hate the concept and prefer a visual reference to the depth of field with an area clearly in focus and an area that is clearly not. This then begs the question, is focus better long range or up close?
I played around with the concept a bit. I took two pictures, one just as far back as possible, and then another on the close foreground. I did this trying to see which style I liked better. Personally I like the foreground in focus, but the other person I asked preferred the shot with the background in focus.

so what do you guys think? do you have a preference? Or do you like the Incel Adams "everything in focus" approach?