Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[56 / 15 / 16]

FOX May Be Unwilling to Pay Much Higher for WWE #SmackDown Rights

No.11032276 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
While speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that FOX may be unwilling to offer WWE more money to keep SmackDown. NBCU, the parent company of the USA Network, is expected to keep Raw.
>“Even though you can't cross-promote on the shows themselves, you can still put the commercials, but I don't see WB going for that one. It would take a ridiculous offer, and WBD's already strapped for cash. So I don't see that one happening. But we'll see. You know, there's been a lot of talk, you know, NBCU will probably keep Raw and SmackDown, you know, there's a lot of talk that FOX is not willing to go much higher for SmackDown, so somebody may get them. So we'll have to wait and see how that all turns out. But the NBA's looking for a giant increase.“
Meltzer later added,
>“WWE is a lot lower on the totem pole [behind NFL and NBA], but he still was pretty bullish on the idea of a 50% increase, which would be roughly 700 million a year. As far as the combined rights fees of Raw and SmackDown. So, I mean, that's the number they've been looking for, and he seemed pretty confident they're gonna get it.”