Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[21 / 4 / 1]

No.14102445 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Like, the Triple H comment alone - back when he was calling it a "pissant company" it was bitter and stupid, but sort of easy to laugh off. Now when he's actively targeting other workers in the industry by claiming they don't have the #GRINDSET or are somehow lesser for not wanting to work for them when there's an established alternative out there, I think it's totally right for people to get defensive about it. Something, something, the paradox of tolerance. In a week we got the Punk podcast, Triple H burying Mercedes and Ospreay, Rossy and Regal at the NXT show, Punk making fun of Ospreay's All In tattoo, and countless more little moments on top of all the usual bullshit grifter podcast nonsense and the nasty shit AEW constantly has to face from every corner of the internet, all because they dare to be a successful wrestling company with fans in a market where the company that will always be on top is, yes, still on top. I'm amazed Tony hasn't just started tweeting "shut the fuck up and jump off a bridge" towards anyone and everyone when you consider the shit he goes through.

I know that Copeland's promo was polarizing, but I keep going back to the sincerity in his voice as well as the post he made after the Cardona match. I won't pretend to know what he's thinking or going through, but if you read between the lines it really seems as though he's having his own Chris Jericho moment of "wait, a lot of what I've been told about wrestling isn't totally accurate, and there really is more to life than this. This can be better". And the idea that pro wrestling as a whole could be better is so bizarrely scary to so many people for reasons I don't think I'll ever understand.