Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[55 / 8 / 1]

Critic destroys Cody Rhodes, calls WM main event one of the the worst matches of all time

No.14162692 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
>The biggest struggle with Cody Rhodes though is that I just can not root for him. This is a problem bigger than the match. I find his presentation and his character so deeply unlikable, even within the crazed context of being a top WWE babyface. He is such a shocking outlier to the company’s own traditions that I can’t understand why he’s been so widely accepted. In a company whose heroes have long positioned themselves as blue collar men of the people, Cody Rhodes comes out here in his bleach blonde hair and thousand-dollar suits, and it just makes me want to hurl. Perhaps this figure speaks more to working class America in the 2020s than I know now, but every time it appears on my TV with his grotesque pimping of the aesthetics of raging Americana, I just can’t stand it.
>The WWE was never a revolutionary force of good, but they at least tapped into a simple understanding: that the everyday man likes to reject the corporation. For decades and decades, the suit itself was a visual tied to the company’s top heels. It’s such an indelible part of their company’s canon that Stone Cold Steve Austin and Daniel Bryan, two decades apart, made a part of their ascent to the top of the company be centered around rejecting being forced to wear a suit by their bosses. Cody Rhodes though, he just likes those suits, brother.
>He comes out at WrestleMania with his Nightmare Skull logo clearly evoking the aesthetic of his on-record favorite pro wrestler of all time, Triple H, and it’s fucking disgusting. On a WrestleMania weekend where Paul “Hunter Hearst-Helmsley” Levesque wants desperately for nobody to ask any question Vince McMahon and to forcibly leave his mark on the product, Cody Rhodes is so willing to bend over backwards and bow down to the King of Kings, The Pontiff of Pain, The Game himself. Fuck all that nonsense, how could I possibly root for you?
https://www.josephmontecillo.com/2024/04/09/roman-reigns-vs-cody-rhodes-wwe-wrestlemania-xl-sunday-4-7-24/