Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[27 / 4 / 19]

Why hasn't AEW actually led to more growth for the Indies/other companies?

No.5983580 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
AEW being less exclusive/more open to working with other promotions I thought would lead to more people watching other promotions but with a few exceptions (Wrestle Universe being slightly up, GCW getting more popular with Mox as champ) it feels like Indies have less hype than before AEW started. Shouldn't AEW exposure lead to more people want to see that talent outside of AEW. If your favorite is a midcarder in AEW that you want to see work more, shouldn't people be watching more Beyond or DEFY where they get main event spotlight? Even with Forbidden Door, it gets a lot of questions about the company but rather than actually leading to people watching the NJPW shows (which I'm sure is the whole point of the joint show otherwise they wouldn't agree to it), people are just like "why can AEW give me enough of a rundown where I don't actually have to watch New Japan"? If anything it's kinda backfired where everyone just watches their fill of everything from AEW and not really having to go outside it.