Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!2IhCLnnO0Db
[407 / 48 / 41]

Forgotten Realms Adventures Vol. III

!!2IhCLnnO0Db ID:+YKl1h/N No.5338309 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
The year is 1374 DR. Sixteen years have passed since the Time of Troubles, when the gods were made humble, and forced to wander the Realms as mortals. With the ascension of the mad god Cyric, Prince of Lies, and the recent return of the tyrant god Bane, Lord of Darkness, the future of Faerûn seems increasingly uncertain. It falls to bold individuals who possess an abundance of cunning, might, and determination to shape the future... should they be up to the challenge.

Still of mind and body, you sit cross-legged in the Evergreen Hall's garden, your thoughts as clear as a cavern spring. Diligently, you shunt the material from your awareness, becoming totally immersed in a realm of darkness and silence, just as you have so many times in the past. Trepidation nearly saw you dead during your first exposure to violence as a girl. A harsh lesson, but you know now that pain is the best teacher, bestowing the values of calm and discipline to you. Meditation is the weapon by which you may banish fear and distraction, allowing you to fight unfettered.

"Sindi?" A hand squeezes your shoulder and gives it a gentle shake. "I get'cha been sleepin' and all, but it's time." You peel your eyes open, the physical once again becoming perceptible, and evaluate your surroundings. It is no longer daytime - that means you've been sedentary for hours. Standing adjacent to you is Willow, a priestess of Mielikki who holds the prestigious title of High Ranger. She acknowledges you with a nod and wanders off to gather those who will be joining you on the hunt.

As you stretch your limbs, you assess your cohort once more. There are the hunters, those peculiar tree-worshiping nature-priests, Willow's rangers... what's this? Mingling with the rest are a few familiar faces from the Stag at Bay. You were told that some would be accompanying you, however, your earlier encounter with Dulnur Darkshadow has soured your impression of them. With any luck, they shall not be a liability... and if a few of them <span class="mu-i">happened</span> to <span class="mu-i">incidentally</span> end up in the jaws of some lycanthrope...

The High Ranger whistles and raises a hand, projecting her voice to reach all within the temple. "We're gonna run the werefolk outta the deep Silverwood. Make sure y'all stick close 'n' watch each other, just like we practiced." The hunters exchange nervous looks. Whatever bravado they clung a few days prior has completely evaporated. "Jus' stay close 'n' follow my lead, 'n' we'll be all right. But if ya can't find me, then make sure ya lissen ta Sindi. She'll know what ta do." Willow lowers her arm and singles you out with her index finger.