Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!1kSU8lsAlU
[1309 / 150 / 128]

Untamed Civilization Project #1

!1kSU8lsAlU ID:bXUpy8V0 No.5468991 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
Welcome to the world of Untamed, a collaborative Civilization-style world-building project. I use Project instead of Quest because you, the players, are going to control a civilization from nomadic hunter-gatherers to a massive empire instead of a traditional story-driven quest. The only story here will be an emergent one that concerns the history of an ever-growing population of people and the struggles they face throughout the ages. Eventually, at the end of the project, a fully fleshed-out world will have emerged.

You, the anons of /qst/ will not be the only ones controlling a civilization. For the last several months, I have been running this project with individual players controlling their own civilizations on a randomly-generated fantasy world of my design. The game is played out in a series of ages, in which players experience random events, are given the choice to perform a number of actions of their desire, and progress along technological and magical trees. Much like in a Civilization-style game, once each player has finished their actions for an age, all players advance to the next era and the cycle continues.

I have decided to allow you, the anonymous players of /qst/, in on the project, now that we are about ten ages into the world's history. You will be playing the game alongside my players, eventually interacting with them through the lens of these threads. You will vote on everything that happens to your civilization, which will be the only one in this game with more than one person controlling it and the only anonymously-controlled society. Once we catch up to where my others players are located in the timeline, we shall postpone the game until the next age, at which point I will make another thread.

This is going to be a long-form game, and may not be akin to traditional civ-style quest threads on this board.