Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
[34 / 9 / 19]

Hollow Sacraments

ID:ql5PQCQk No.5657630 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
This is a mostly serious/dark story focused on surviving in a cold post-apocalyptic medieval fantasy-like world that holds little care for your life. In addition, the story is about finding out about yourself. Not by the cheesy romantic notion, but in a literal amnesiac sense. I'll probably be ripping off concepts from content such as Dark Souls and the like. There's not much more I can say without spoiling things, so beyond that I hope you enjoy.

I'm a new writer and a bit new to the board in general (I've read a couple threads and decided to make my own), so I apologize if/when I make any mistakes along the journey. I'll do my best to correct them and if you're in the mind to give out advice, it is always appreciated.
—————————————————————————
Consciousness. You can't remember the last time you had it. The weight of your own body in the physical world feels foreign to you. It's heavy, laid on top of cold stone. Your eyelids sluggishly open to reveal the chamber you find yourself in. The room is dome-like in shape and seems to extend a good bit above you, at least judging from your perspective on the floor. Closer to the ground seems to be mostly skeletal corpses, garbed in presumably whatever they were wearing upon death. You use your fingers to inch your mostly numb arm closer to your face, awkwardly scraping along the stone. You have skin and muscle underneath. That's a good sign, you weren't sure what you'd do if you woke up looking like one of those.

The walls are covered with a continuing pattern of tool-carved divots inside them, each one holding some sort of wrapped object that fills the divot. It's vaguely shaped like the corpses, assumedly that's exactly what's inside. There's a silence that fills the room the longer you persist in it, you realize. Beyond what sounds like the very faint drip drop of liquid hitting stone, there's nearly nothing at all. The air is stale here and presses down heavy on your newly awakened lungs. Oh good, you have those too. With any luck, you might have all your faculties up and running soon.