Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!mceqYMwptbm
[294 / 5 / 55]

Shinobi Sidestory Quest #49

!!mceqYMwptbm ID:bLFO+wB1 No.5673330 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You are a shadow clone of Uzumaki Naori, the one now spoken of in hushed tones as the ‘shadow’ of Queen Sāra of Rōran - for good reason. Over the years you’ve rarely had to use any of your abilities to protect her, because as it turns out if you do a job right you only ever really have to do it once. In saving her life during the fall of her kingdom and its evacuation, you became infamous for cutting down not one but two teams of Kirigakure anbu in front of numerous witnesses from their regular forces.

After that, it seemed like other shinobi rarely wanted to cause any further trouble for the queen, and by extension for you. So it’s been a long time since you used this technique, which others might call an ‘assassination-jutsu’ but which for you is simply proper application of the basics.

“How… did I lose?” the Ōtsusuki’s severed head wonders aloud with what must be the last of its waning energy, still somehow able to speak even if just for a few seconds.

Because there are still thoughts going through his mind, you find that it feels appropriate to offer an explanation. “Before the shadow clone you struck dissipated I switched places with it, and immediately hid in your shadow. That was where I struck from.”

After a few seconds of silence, you reason that the Ōtsutsuki can no longer answer you - his chakra has either disappeared or faded to such an extent that you can no longer sense it even with your senjutsu still moulded. And so, you finally allow yourself to relent and sheath your sword.

“That was a hell of a technique,” Jiraiya-tono admits in a slight growl, still poised as though wary of you. “Attacking from out of the victim’s own shadow while using silent killing… he didn’t stand a chance.”

You shake your head. “Yeah no, were it not for the proper timing he may still have avoided death.”

You glance at Sasuke-han. “Well done.”

“Some of our techniques do seem to dovetail fairly nicely,” Sasuke-han admits. “Are you okay?”

“Fine,” you confirm. “Just a little tired. Yourself?”

“I’ve been better,” he replies in something of a grumble.

Now that the Ōtsutsuki has been killed, the younger shinobi who narrowly avoided getting dragged into this fight move to join you. Boruto-kun and Naruto-kun seem shocked at the scene, while your own future son immediately gets to work by pulling out a small scroll.
>1/2