Domain changed to archive.palanq.win . Feb 14-25 still awaits import.
!!mk+1Me1/CGm
[11 / 5 / 4]

Shards Of Eternity Quest

!!mk+1Me1/CGm ID:a0agc7nE No.5685557 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
You are Aiden, the blacksmith. One night when you couldn't sleep you went outside your humble shop to stargaze and you saw a beautiful shower of falling stars. One of them fell really close though, you heard the loud noise and you were sure others heard it as well, as people woke up and started lighting their lamps to go check what the noise was.
In a bout of bravery, you took your exploration pack you use when you go prospecting, and departed towards the place where the star fell.
After about an hour walk, you found the place. You heard that falling stars leave craters, but this one didn't. You just found a small glimmering piece of crystal on the ground in the middle of the forest. If it weren't glowing so much you would certainly have missed it.
You return home and tell the villagers the next day about it.
You think nothing of it for many days, until a horseman claiming to be one of the king's men arrive and demand the stone. You demand some compensation, but he says if you don't surrender the stone he will have you executed. Arguing that since you found it you want to be the one to present it to the king, you ready your own horse and depart with the king's horseman.
However, on the first night, he tries to kill you. Defending yourself with your warhammer, you end up killing him. When he dies, he turns into a purple bodies abomination!
Some wicked witchcraft is at hand!
The king must hear of this!
You decide to head straight to the capital, but when you arrive there, there is a huge battle raging!
You start fighting your way through a large mass of fetid undead creatures, until you catch sight of a cornered woman fighting them with a longbow.
Your eyes meet on the battlefield and a silent recognition sparks between the two of you. You open a path towards each other and start fighting together. In a grad display of heroism, the two of you make your way to the castle walls.
"This way!", she says, leading you through a secret door.
After traversing a small corridor, you find yourselves within the castle walls.
"What is going on in here?"
"A few days ago the Shadowfiend shattered the Crystal of Eternity! Now the Sorcerer King has unleashed his army of the dead upon the kingdom! Urgh..."
"Are you hurt?"
"One of those... things... bite me...", she says, displaying a bite wound on her forearm. "Now I will turn into one of them."
"Can't we do anything to help it?"
"I'm afraid not... hey, what is this thing glowing in your pocket?"
"This? It fell from the sky a few days ago."
The crystal glows strongly and her wounds are healed!
"How did you do that?"
"I... I don't know..."
The crystal then glows dimmer.
"Did it discharge? Will it recharge?"
"I don't know. Let's ask the king's sages."
The two of you go against the tide of warriors rushing to the front and arrive at the inner gates.
"Halt! Who are you?"